Genevieve Guzmán is a tree-hugging Californian with chronic fatigue syndrome. Her writing appears in Passages North, The Adroit Journal, Nat. Brut, Waxwing, Columbia Journal Online, Flyway, and St. Petersburg Review under the pen name Genevieve Arlie. At UGA she is researching illness literature, environmental animism, and hybrid lyric genres for her dissertation, a novel set in the marshlands of Southeast Georgia.
- MFA, comparative literature–translation, University of Iowa, 2015
- MA, Russian literature, Columbia University, 2012
- BA, English, Stanford University, 2005
- James B. Colvert Travel Award, UGA English Department, 5/19
- Graduate research award, UGA Willson Center for Humanities & Arts, 2/18
- Presidential Fellow, UGA Graduate School, 1/17