UGA-University of Liverpool Doctoral Student Short-Term International Research Fellowship
Deadline for submission of Applications: TBD
The Franklin College-University of Liverpool Doctoral Student Short-Term International Research Fellowship is open to Ph.D. students in any discipline in Franklin college.
Successful applicants will travel to the University of Liverpool, UK, in May, 2014, during UL’s Summer Term but after the end of Spring Semester at UGA. Ph.D. students from UL will travel to UGA in the month of April, when the University of Liverpool is on Easter Break and UGA’s Spring Semester is in session. Students will have the opportunity to conduct research and develop an international network of research contacts.
Duration of the Fellowship will be one business week + weekends. During that week students will be expected to do the following:
- Give a lecture (department, college, or public) on their research.
- Meet with relevant faculty and graduate students to discuss longer term research collaborations.
- Prepare a final, one-page report on their activities upon returning to campus.
Each institution will pay round-trip air fare between Atlanta and Manchester airports, plus ground transportation to/from respective universities.
- Each institution will provide accommodation.
- Each institution will provide a subsistence allowance [At UGA, each sponsoring department must agree to pay for a one-week UGA Food Service meal plan: current cost $225.75 for one student].
Each Department in Franklin College may submit up to two applications. Application packages should include the following information:
- Ph.D. student’s name and Department.
- Letter of support signed by Major Professor and Department Head.
- Student’s CV.
- Copy of graduate transcripts (“unofficial” copies are acceptable).
- Statement of proposed activities during Liverpool visit and expected benefits to student’s research project.
- Title of proposed lecture to be presented at Liverpool and short abstract.